Sunday 24 June 2012

Because I don't Want This To Turn Into A Metal Review Blog...

So if you look back at my posts in the past little while, you'll see that the vast majority of them are metal reviews with a few songs of the week thrown in. When I started this blog I didn't want it to be a metal blog, I didn't even want it to be limited to music. Right now its pretty much looking like a metal review blog, which is pretty fucking pointless because all my metal reviews can be found at the Metal Archives anyway, under the username dystopia4. To remedy this I've decided to not post all my metal reviews on here. I will still post select ones - reviews where I feel my writing is at its best, reviews of albums I really love or really hate as well as recent releases. To start off changing what this blog is becoming here is something completely unrelated to metal or even music for that matter:

Retna - The Boneyard Project


Retna has to be one of the most talented artists coming out of the street art scene right now. His weird middle-eastern looking calligraphy is crazy, and his overall ability is nothing to scoff at. For the Boneyard Project, Retna uses something very unusual as his canvas - airplanes. The art would look amazing on its own, but on an airplane - fucking brilliant. 



Skream - Stagger

And now for a song completely unrelated to metal, I'd like to share some classic dubstep. No, none of that over the top "brostep" thats all the rage these days. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Skream:

No comments:

Post a Comment